RTS introduces first OMNEO-based keypanels
High-quality sound meets ultimate flexibility
- First keypanel family with OMNEO IP technology on board
- Dante compatibility provides high-quality sound and ultimate flexibility
- High-resolution color displays
- Multi-function levers allow simple one-handed operation
- Fully backwards-compatible with all existing RTS matrices
Las Vegas, NV, April 13, 2015 Coinciding with its 40th anniversary, RTS is pleased to introduce the first keypanel series with OMNEO networking technology on board at NAB 2015. The KP-Series keypanels set a new milestone within the RTS product range, combining HD color displays, improved single-key operation, and full compatibility with all existing RTS matrices – all in a modern design. KP-Series keypanels are suitable for a wide range of intercom product customers, including broadcast production studios, theater and sport venues, houses of worship, and outside broadcast (OB) vans.
The KP-Series family includes three members:
- KP-5032 – two-rack unit keypanel with 32 operation keys
- KP-4016 – one-rack unit keypanel with 16 operation keys
- EKP-4016 – one-rack unit extension panel with 16 operation keys
- Backwards-compatible with existing RTS analog matrices and forward-compatible with future-proof OMNEO open-IP architecture using Dante transmission protocol, RTS KP-Series provides a future-proof investment.
- OMNEO networking technology on board. The KP-Series from RTS is the first keypanel series with OMNEO technology (developed by RTS parent company Bosch) on board. OMNEO is based on two key technologies: the media-transmission component Dante (from Audinate Pty, Australia) and the system-control component OCA (Open Control Architecture). By utilizing open public standards, OMNEO provides highest interoperability, flexibility, reliability, resilience, and future-proof technology. OMNEO enables a secure set up at competitively low system cost due to the use of standard IT components, as well as lower installation and maintenance costs.
- Each keypanel features a full-color HD display offering superior color, contrast, resolution, and viewing angle. The keypanels are capable of displaying Latin, Cyrillic, and simplified Chinese characters.
- Intuitive single-hand operation via ergonomically designed four-way levers providing talk/listen and volume. The KP-Series offers as standard a full range of external connections for GP-I/O and ancillary audio functions, which were previously optional.
- Superior sound quality with design assistance provided by the Electro-Voice loudspeaker engineering R&D group.
The Bosch OMNEO architecture allows the transport and easy control of audio, video, and other data over IP networks, satisfying the highest levels of both sound quality and synchronization whilst ensuring the lowest levels of latency – all in a highly reliable and secure set up. The use of standard IT components keeps installation, maintenance, and overall system costs competitively low.
OMNEO is based on two key technologies – the media transmission component Dante from Audinate Pty, Australia and the system-control component OCA (Open Control Architecture) – and is enhanced by Bosch specific features. OMNEO provides highest interoperability, flexibility, reliability, and future-proof technology by utilizing open public standards. Additionally, OMNEO comes with specific advanced features to even allow for mission-critical and life safety system applications. The technology provides a number of options for the interconnection of equipment from different manufacturers, and also those outside of traditional audio or intercom applications. An OMNEO media-networking architecture can be scaled to include up to 10,000 nodes and can interoperate across multiple IP subnets and long distances for complex network designs and applications.